Review of the Sole E35 Elliptical Trainer (2011 model)
The Sole E35 elliptical trainer is a smart choice when you are looking for a quality elliptical trainer. It is in the mid-price range for elliptical training machines and that makes it affordable for many people . It has been built and priced as a balanced piece of training equipment with a wide range of features and a great price.
The Sole E35 elliptical trainer has received a number of “Best Buy” recommendations by a leading consumer publications. Why? Well, simple really – It is designed to give a full-body workout in the comfort of your own home with some great features that you would only expect on more expensive machines. You might be interested to also know that it is the same machine found in Hilton and Omni Hotel gyms and is one of the most popular models under $1500 with fitness professionals.
Some the Sole E35 features include a 25-pound heavy flywheel that ensures smooth performance. It has power incline feature that adds resistance while also targeting various muscle groups. The bright 6.5-inch LCD display tracks distance, time, calories burned and the level of resistance. It also has an integrated sound system (iPod/mp3 players), great for those who like a bit of music to go with their exercise program. Build in fans for cooling, a weight capacity of 375-pounds (no, you aren’t to big) and it weighs 200 pounds – so be sure you’ve got help when moving it and when taking delivery.
If you are anything like me you’ll have spent many hours pounding the streets to keep in shape. But even with the best running shoes and technique we all suffer from impact injuries at sometime or other. The Sole E35 Elliptical Trainer provides an effective cardiovascular workout by combining upper and lower body flexibility and coordination into one impact-free motion and is easier on your joints. And to encourage comfortable workouts Sole has added oversized, custom-designed foot pedals to the E35. These feature a 2-degree inward slope, not much, but enough to help reduce ankle and knee stress often associated with other similar machines. The foot beds are adjustable too making it ideal for different users. It also has a couple more nice touches like resistance and incline controls on the handles.
Just a little more information about the control panel and on-board computer. It is a blue backlit LCD display. It is well lit and displays a range of training related information very clearly. The Sole E35 also includes heart monitoring equipment via two sensors – one in the handles and one with a special body monitoring strap (which touts 99.9% accuracy).
There are a number of additional features that are worth mentioning and that is a pair of stationary handlebars that are included, these include the built-in pulse sensors; adjustable resistance and incline controls; and 16 resistance levels.
- Stride length: 20 inches
- Front drive: Yes
- Resistance type: Eddy Current Braking
- Resistance levels: 16
- Adjustable pedals: Yes, 3 positions
- Upper body: Yes
- Hand-grip: Standard
- HGP: Yes
- Telemetry belt: Yes
- Heart rate control: Yes
- Power incline: Yes
- Display: 6.5-inch blue backlit LCD
- Data: Time, distance, calories, resistance levels
- Profile matrix: Yes
- Standard programs: 6
- User-defined programs: 2
- Heart rate programs: 2, with chest strap
- Built-in cooling fans: Yes
- Water bottle/accessory holders: Yes
- Capacity: 375 pounds
- Weight: 200 pounds
Does It Include A Warranty?
Yes, the Sole E35 a lifetime warranty on the frame; 5 years on parts and electronics; 2 years on labor.
What Others Are Saying
This Sole elliptical training machine has received great reviews from most consumers with an average of 4.5 out of 5 stars from most consumers who have left reviews on Amazon and the Sole website.
Here are some of the comments that have been made to date:
- “I recently purchased the Sole E35 2011 model after spending a few weeks online researching between the Sole, Norditrack, Horizon, and other top models. I then went and tried a few machines out at some local shops, and my choice landed on the E35.”
- “Of the “consumer grade” elliptical trainers sold online and in some of the big box stores the E35 is one of the best. I’ve done a lot of research and the Sole has a smooth solid feel that many of the others (especially less expensive ellipticals) can’t match.”
- “If you’re looking for a decently priced elliptical you plan to use often I would suggest you take a good look at the E35…”
- “I’ve had this Sole E35 now for about 2 weeks and am highly impressed with the quality and workout I get. I have used Precor ellipticals in the past and really like them but there was no way I was going to spend $4K-$5K for one. The E35 is an incredible value of quality and offers an equally outstanding workout. I’m 230Lbs now (with a goal of 195), and I can say the E35 is a very solid machine with a sturdy high quality feel, and the 25Lb flywheel makes it plenty smooth as well. The machine glides in near silence, which I also love.”
I have found very few complaints for this elliptical trainer. A couple of consumers did express some concern about the time it took to assemble the machine after delivery but over all not a huge problem especially when you consider the savings made with the purchase in the first place.
This is what one consumer had to say: “I am highly mechanically inclined and very comfortable using hand tools, and it took around 2.5 hours to put together, and I was taking my time and being very careful to do it perfectly. The instructions are well laid out, but the schematics could be a little better if they were printed a little larger. The screws, nuts and bolts are logically packaged and labelled by the steps in the directions. It could have been a little easier if they had labelled the plastic covers with numbers, so it took a little trial and error to figure out which cover went where.”
Another point which I think should be mentioned is about the weight. At 200 pounds it is not light. Therefore it is recommended that the box the machine arrives in be unpacked and the components moved to the assembly location. This would be especially important if it is going to be assembled and used up or down stairs from where it is delivered. One consumer said: “It is a heavy machine. I was contemplating having four guys carry it from the garage to the basement, but instead decided to open the box in the garage and carry the separate pieces into the basement. This was a very wise choice.”
Where can you buy the Sole E35 elliptical training machine?
You can buy this Sole training machine from Amazon. At the moment they do include FREE shipping and from what research I have done on prices online Amazon do have the best deal especially with the FREE shipping option. Click here to view on Amazon.
Where can you read more Reviews for the Sole E35 elliptical training machine?
The best place to read more reviews from people who have actually bought and use the product is Amazon. Click here to read more.Buy Now