Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer Review
The Sole E55 elliptical trainer is one impressive piece of fitness equipment. While it is similar to it’s little cousin the Sole E35 elliptical trainer it is one of the most impressive machines available today because of it’s build quality and features that set it apart. It is stronger, heavier, smoother and more heavily featured than the Sole E35. It includes a 30-pound flywheel and a larger 7.5-inch blue LDC display… and that’s just for starters.
The machine includes a whole range of features that one would expect from a machine in this price range. You will not be disappointed because it over delivers in so many ways. It is equal to and more than a match for quality commercial quality gym models. So what’s it packing? It has club quality from top to bottom.
- The E55′s console includes an easy to use LCD blue backlit display with all the features or a full health club model. It also comes with a fully integrated sound system which you can plug your iPod or mp3 player into.
- The display is 7.5-inch, has 6 standard programs, 2 user defined programs and displays time, distance, calories, resistance levels, incline, pulse and pace data.
- A fluid natural motion made possible by a super quiet drive system that operates both in forward and reverse. This combined with the 30-pound flywheel and a high gear ratio generate a very smooth action with plenty of resistance provided by the 16 different levels.
- There are two sets of handlebars. One that is stationary and that have a built-in heart rate sensor. A chest strap is also included that is said to be 99.95 accurate.
- It even includes a water bottle holder… not a huge deal in reality, but just another little attention to detail that makes it such a great machine.
What Is It Like To Work Out On?
It’s important to be comfortable when working out. Not only to make the session enjoyable but to prevent injury. I have been a running for many years and my joints have suffered. The E55 is designed with foot pedals that have a 2 degree inward slope which helps to reduce ankle and knee stress. Something that other elliptical machines have overlooked. We all know too that we all walk differently so the Sole engineers have built in a dial mechanism you can adjust for your unique gait. This helps reduce numb toe effects and other problems associated with other elliptical trainers.
- Flywheel: 27 pounds
- Front drive: Yes
- Stride length: 20 inches
- Resistance type: Eddy Current Braking
- Resistance levels: 20
- Adjustable pedals: Yes, 10 positions
- Upper body: Yes
- Handgrip: Standard
- HGP: Yes
- Telemetry belt: Yes
- Heart rate control: Yes
- Power incline: Yes
- Display: 7.5-inch blue backlit LCD
- Data: Time, distance, calories, resistance levels, incline, pulse, pace
- Profile matrix: Yes
- Standard programs: 6
- User-defined programs: 2
- Heart rate programs: 2, with chest strap
- Built-in cooling fans: Yes
- Water bottle/accessory holders: Yes
- Maximum Capacity: 375 pounds
- Product Weight: 200 pounds
What Others Are Saying
- “I bought the e55 as a gift for my wife. The e55 is very durable, extremely quiet, easy to construct (2 hours while watching a movie) and the electronics are user friendly, isn’t jerky, etc. She really enjoys the e55. “
- “The unit was delivered promptly and placed in our garage. Fortunately the main unit, upper shaft and rail assembly are individual units which allowed me to carry these pieces (and the rest of the parts) down to my basement. Once assembled (which took about an hour by myself), I tried doing one of the cardio profile workouts. I can’t get over how quite and smooth this is.”
- “Purchased this machine on January 15th, 2011 it arrived Wednesday, January 19th, via ABF. ….. but its hell putting together by yourself. I suggest you have someone assist you I spent 3 hours putting it together resting and cooking in between. But its a worth it buy I worked out at NY Sports Club and NYC Racquet Club (Precore and Lifefitness for years, this is the same gym quality for a at home price. Invest in yourself and invest in your personal health no gym rats staring you down or limited cardio work outs. Again its a five star purchase but please have someone help you. ”
- “One of the most impressive things is the rock solid stability of this elliptical trainer. It is far beyond what you’re probably expecting from a piece of equipment in this price range! The whole machine has a quality feel and I suspect it will last for years of heavy use.”
With the product receiving an overall rating of 4.5 stars on Amazon you would not expect there to be many, if any, issues with the product. Overall that is true. The only one issue came up a couple of times was the time it took to assemble the trainer. Most people however could assemble to trainer with minimal problems though one person did have a problem they could not fix themselves but that was dealt with by Sole, and I quote… “but Sole customer service was definitely up to the task of taking care of the problem.”
Where can I buy the Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer?
You can buy this Sole training machine from Amazon. At the moment they do include FREE shipping and from what research I have done on prices online Amazon do have the best deal especially with the FREE shipping option. Click here to view on Amazon.
Where can you read more Reviews for the Sole E55 elliptical training machine?
The best place to read more reviews from people who have actually bought and use the product is Amazon. Click here to read more.Buy Now